6.22.2005

sometimes i think too much.

some events have transpired in the past couple days to make me think about things i've never done and things i will never do again.

  • i've never been skiing. (i don't like the snow, i don't like the cold and i don't like heights.)
  • i will never again pass up free exercise equipment.
  • i've never owned an elliptical or a treadmill.
  • i will never again order the collard greens at d'egg. you heard it here first.
  • i've never watched an episode of survivor.
  • i will never again allow myself to become addicted to a season of the bachelor or the bachelorette.
  • i've never turned down a burrito run.
  • i will never again fix up two friends as roommates.
  • i've never fixed two friends up on a date.
  • i will never again be a member of a cult.
  • i've never been to california.
  • i will never again let my work influence my real life this much.
  • i've never held a job for longer than a year. before this job, my record was 5 months.
  • i will never again become this stuck in my own inertia.
  • i've never liked cranberry juice. or cabbage. or celery (except with peanut butter). or lima beans.
  • i will never again have a job where i can make my boss cry.
  • i've never been as obsessed with any singer as i was with tori amos when i was in high school.
  • i will never again have a job where my boss makes me want to cry.
  • i've never been to canada. or mexico.
  • i will never again let time run away from me.
  • i've never wanted to be the oldest or middle or only child.
  • i will never again live any place where i have to share a bathroom.
  • i've never had enough hangers or closet space.
  • i will never again buy a knockoff designer purse.
  • i've never felt so adrift.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger Shocho said…

    I would think that perhaps a list of things you have done might be longer than a list of things you have not done (yet), and more constructive.

    I have never made this kind of a list.

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger thisismarcus said…

    You've been in a cult before? T and K aren't getting along? So much alluded to... so many questions generated.

    Next time we have a beer I'm bringing a print-out of this post!Keep smiling, beautiful.

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Roycer said…

    I too went through a Tori Amos phase, I think she uses subliminal messages in her songs, I saw her live and met her twice back stage in Knoxville, TN. She's a bit odd....but then, so am I...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home