5.09.2005

whatever you do, don't ask me to subtract.

i think i know my talents fairly well. i write clearly and sometimes concisely. i am a passable cook and a pretty good friend. oh, and i'm a fabulous shopper.

but i'm lousy at several things, too.

1. heavy lifting. i've never had any sort of upper body strength to speak of. as much as i may think i can lift as much as the next guy, i'm the kind of person you ask to supervise your move, not lift the couch.

2. if you want a good golf partner, don't ask me. i've never had any sort of patience for lining up golf shots. i even suck at mini-golf! granted, there will be the random holes-in-one but that's just blind luck.

3. taking a compliment. i'm the girl who says "no way. this shirt totally doesn't match my belt!" instead of "thank you."

4. swimming. i am a terrible swimmer. i live at the beach, go figure.

and, whatever you do, do NOT ask me to subtract. i'm the world's worst subtractor. i can figure out a percentage fine-- a trait which comes from my stints in the service industry, i believe. adding is great. but please do NOT tell me the year you were born and expect me to figure out your age. i may add a few years.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    But ... but you told Vin Diesel that you were a good lifter!

    And I am NOT 35!

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger TheGirard said…

    Is that why you asked me to lift the 100+ pound filing cabinet today, and here I thought you just wanted to see my...uhhh...ripped biceps.

    or something


    ...that sounded much better in my head.

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger thisismarcus said…

    Did you get someone's age wrong in your new department?

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger erika said…

    k-- you're getting me confused with jennifer aniston again. however-- in a pinch, jen can lift some heavy plants. and run.

    g-- it was a little of each. ;-)

    m-- um, no. for several months i thought k was older than he actually is. it is important to note, however it did not matter to me

     

Post a Comment

<< Home