5.04.2005

height, hair, and teeth

when i look at a person (guys in particular, but also girls), i notice things in a particular order.

most would agree i'm a tall girl-- one of the first times i can remember being self-concious about my height was in tap class in 5th grade or so. as we looked in the mirror, i could see i was a head taller than all the other girls in my class. i shuffle-ball-changed my way out of that class long before the year was over. i think my height has alot to do with the fact i like to be skinny... but that's a whole other subject. i notice a persons' height first, usually "taller than me," "shorter than me," or "about the same height."

generally the next thing i notice is hair. i love hair. i get my haircut on a regular basis (even when it was long). i have something like six to eight kinds of shampoo in my shower. the way a person does, or does not, take care of their hair says alot about them. high-maintenance? get up and go? non-nonsense? etc.

my obsession with teeth came from 3 1/2 years of wearing braces. i PAID for my teeth with years of spaghettii-o's, jello, and retainers. i'm going to take care of them. the cleanliness of one's teeth says alot about overall hygeine, i think.

none of these are deal breakers, of course. show me a short, bad-haired, halitosis-having man who can make me laugh, and i'll show you my future husband.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger TheGirard said…

    What constitutes bad teeth? What about if they have bad teeth but good breath?

    What about weight? I mean if a guy was larger than "normal" would it matter? Wouldn't it have the same effect as if the guy was taller?

    Why am I asking you these things?

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger erika said…

    CLEAN teeth... i like straight teeth... but the most important part is that they are clean. clean teeth leads to fresh breath.

    the height/weight issue just depends.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home