3.28.2006

vacating the premises.

So, HotCop and I have to be out of our house in 30 days.

When my landlord told me this (for the record, we are NOT being evicted, our month-to-month lease is being terminated) my first thought was Are you kidding? You're the shithead!! Well, that's a lie because he was talking around the subject so much my first thought was Heh? and I had to say Um, so, are we being asked to vacate the premises?

We've BEEN wanting to move, but I'm just too lazy to clean out the attic. And my closet.

But, when he received a letter from Codes & Compliance saying he was in violation of um, several codes and compliances, and when I called Saturday evening with a LEAK INTO MY CLOSET WHICH CAUSED A LOT OF GROSS MILDEW AND YUCKINESS, I guess those was the last straw.

He's BEEN wanting us to move, but the ganja he and his [common-law? not sure] wife-- smoke daily really makes it so he doesn't have any get-up-and-go. We call her Dime Bag, a nickname which is appropriate because her first name is a monetary amount as well.

Also, we ask for too much. LIKE: the broken toilet in the 1/2 bath to be fixed, the leaky gutter right over our kitchen door to be repaired, A KEY TO THE FRONT DOOR, the broken window in HotCop's room (from Hurricane Isabel!!!!! in 2003!!!) to be fixed. That's just the beginning. We're not going to talk about the new kitchen linoleum we were promised when HotCop moved in three years ago, the side yard in which we park, I could go on and on.

But I won't. Time to move on.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger TheGirard said…

    ahh to live back east where practically NOTHING is new. ;)

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger Shocho said…

    Penny? Is her name Penny?

    Sorry about the relocating business. But sounds like it's not a nice place to live, so I'm sure you'll look back on this experience and laugh. People always say that, and it's true, but sometimes it takes like 30 years.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home