9.25.2007

road snackin'

Many things were good and adventurous and fun in the past couple of weeks. HotCop's wedding, packing all my earthly possessions into a trailer, driving across the country, etc.

The thing about which I am most compelled to write, however, is the donut my sister and I split while we were on the road.

DISCLAIMER: My description of this donut will not in anyway do it justice.

First: here is a photo of the place we purchased said donut:

drive in

(A quality shot, taken through the windshield while I held the cat).

The Donut Drive-In is in St. Louis, and was featured on Alton Brown's Feasting on Asphalt.

(As we were planning on being in St. Louis mid-day, mid-week and with-cat, we didn't find it prudent to bother certain friends who live in or around St. Louis to "Hey! Come have lunch real quick with us while we stress out about a cat in the car!" )

This Buttermilk donut was a dream come true. A food-gasm, if you will. It had afabulous sugar-crust on the outside, a cakey interior and a creamy center. Not creamy as in filled or creamy as in under-done. Creamy as in dreamy. The perfect combination of textures:

world's best donut

One regret: that we did not buy a dozen. Or four. I enjoyed that donut.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home