11.24.2007

gobble, gobble

Though there were fewer pies and there wasn't any vodka, it was still a happy Thanksgiving here in CO with my extended family.

I made:

pigs in a blanket (called weenies in my family)
two pans of sweet potatoes, one with nuts and one without
chocolate chip pie
pecan pie

Right before our first Thanksgiving together two years ago I asked Joe what his favorite Thanksgiving dish was, thinking the answer would be "stuffing" or "mashed potatoes" or "turkey." Nope. Sausage was his answer. Polish sausage to be exact, boiled up and served in honor of his Polish heritage.

Along with the sausage this year, he got the "Polak" jokes from my uncle and cousins-in-law. I got the blond jokes though I told them I wasn't blond anymore. Sigh. When I warned him that he may be asked if he has accepted Jesus Christ as his savior, I didn't have any idea about the racial slurs.

Really, I promise we had a good holiday!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Shocho said…

    Sounds like a lovely time, especially the weenies. And just for the record, I like Polish sausage too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home