6.27.2005

this morning i woke up and did not go to work.

it's the first time, but won't be the last.

when the new boss (formerly the old boss) walked in with the envelopes i said motherfucker. he said yep. he was far more shaken than i was.

and then i began my new occupation as beach bum. the most awkward part of that day? the people who laid me off showing up at the bar. no, not t.n.b.(f.t.o.b.), not the former co-workers, not the HR lovely.

does she really like me or is she just faking it? why bother anymore? oh, right. it must be the deep and genuine care for others. that must be it. i forgot.

during My Unfortunate Unemployment i thought i might:

  • read a ridiculous number of books.
  • work on my suntan.
  • watch a netflix dvd a day.
  • clean the house.
  • take at least one nap a day.
  • watch the ellen degeneres show.
  • re-watch the entire first season of the oc. i need to know what grade they're in.
  • find a new, fabulous job.

i am spoiled. my parents spoiled (read: still spoil) me, my friends spoil me, and i spoil myself. when i got this job, i bought myself a (read: two) designer purse. and some editor pants. any suggestions for when i get my new, fabulous job?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Roycer said…

    First I would suggest the Tony Danza show, the nap a day is a great idea, especially if it's on the beach, and when you get that next job, share a meal with a friend......always worth it.

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger GiromiDe said…

    Were you there even a year?

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Mkae said…

    You should have come into work anyway. That's a great way to make the people that fired you really uncomfortable.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger GiromiDe said…

    (With apologies to Jerry Seinfeld)

    "Warren, I listened to your arguments, and they were rambling and flimsy. I'm not convinced. Come on, assign me some work."

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Arwen said…

    I would say Ellen over Tony...and a nap in the sun...with a cold beverage.

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So what happened? What is going on at Decipher? This is not the first time Decipher has gone through this....

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The day I met you in Vegas I knew you'd be a good Decipherian. I'm continuing to think Decipher is killing itself from the inside out. Very sad all the way around.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home