8.10.2005

the a word.



Netflix is the way I get to see all those shows from the pay channels (that's right, I have basic cable and I'm not ashamed). Lately I've been watching Showtime's The L Word. For those born yesterday, it's a show about lesbians.

I just finished the first DVD of the premiere (Bojo, are you out there? I had to look that up and thought of you) season and all I can think about is art. One of the main characters, Bette, is a director of an art center and now all I want to do is be a curator. Well, I atleast want to know enough to be a curator.

In the 4th episode, Bette, played by the lovely Jennifer Beals of Flashdance fame, sees one of her favorite works of art in person and almost has a breakdown. I almost had a breakdown when I saw Nike of Samothrace, The Winged Victory. I touched her foot. Shhh...

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Tom said…

    You've arrived Erika, spam comments.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice blog. We publish a science fiction collectible card game and would love your opinion:
    http://startrekccg.fanhq.com/

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger erika said…

    how did they find me? i just couldn't bring myself to delete the one about cheesecake.

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Valerie said…

    yay, comment spam! I just did some cleaning up myself today.

    back on topic: I know what you mean about the breakdown. I nearly passed out when I saw David the first time, and was in shock when I saw the Holy Trinity in the Duomo.

    also: I admit I never thought to get TV shows on Netflix. Off to fix up my queue!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home