12.25.2006

doin' the long distance thing.

Thanks, everyone, who came out last Thursday night for Joe's Last Night In Town. Many good photos and many -eh- photos can be seen here.

So much has to happen in the next few days I can't believe I'm sitting here blogging for the first time in a month or so. I guess I'm in avoidance mode. The truth is, I want to press the pause button. Do you mind if I put you on hold for a moment? I don't want him to leave, but I want him to have every opportunity he can to pursue the dream. You know the dream--where your hobby becomes your job.

I don't want to do the long distance thing for the same reason I don't really like to get on roller coasters. It's scary, and even though you can anticipate the highs and lows and what may happen, you don't really know. You can't prepare yourself enough. I'm scared. It's going to suck.

But, yes, I'm happy for him. I'm excited to spend time in STL. All that. It's still going to suck.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Shocho said…

    Looks like everybody at the party had a good time. Mmm, pool. Glad you get to go to STL for a bit! Too bad it's not in the summer, with 97 degrees and 97 humidity.

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Hi - was bored and clicking the "next blog" button - came across yours and just wanted to say "good luck" with the long-distance thing, and good for Joe for pursuing the dream.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home