1.19.2007

long time gone

Once again, I have managed to neglect my blog while things happen, and yet at the same time don't happen in my life. Meh.

I was sick. For three days, plus one day when I still went to work, and I still have a cough.

I finally got called for jury duty #1. Beginning February 5 I must call every Monday after 5pm to verify my service and reporting time. If my group number (121) is called, I am to be present. This lasts through March 30. They also conveniently enclosed a list of what not to wear.

Joe sent me flowers, at work, out of the blue. The best kind of flowers. Here is a picture of them on a high shelf, where Beatrice can't reach them until she gets really determined at 3 am and finds a way to leap up there. Then she eats the flowers, throws up and dies. In that order. Of course I'm kidding about all that. You'll notice that this image also demonstrates my mad skillz with the side lighting and fill flash. Word.

The funny thing about the flowers is that just a couple of hours before they arrived on Tuesday one of my new coworkers (one of the three they've hired to do what I do) told us how he sent his wife flowers out of the blue. My sweetie never send me flowers, I complained, only half meaning it. Then we started talking about CO and how it was 4 degrees there. Just the four.

HotCop and I finally took down the Christmas decorations. The tree is still sitting on the stoop, waiting for trash day, though. And I always -always- miss at least one decoration. This year I thought it was the stockings (which I caught before I locked the storage area). Not so much. It was the damn cookie jar, sitting there mocking me on the back of my stove. Meh.

My car is fixed from the Thanksgiving crunch. The F-150 versus Civic battle, where cuisine reigns supreme. Not sure I blogged about this--I got tapped at the gas station the day before Thanksgiving. Tapped = new door and State Farm paying $1350+. Later that day is when I told my mother in a fit of emotion "And Joe might move to Colorado! But we're not talking about it on Thanksgiving." Then she told my dad the former, but not the latter part of this piece of news. So a few glasses in, my father asks Joe all about his new job in CO...and Joe is blindsided. Nice.

Anyhoo...what's up with you?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home