11.01.2008

i just want to go the effing library.

Ughhhhhhhhh. It's just so irritating that the two freaking municipalities can't come up with an agreement so I can go to the library that:

1. I like
2. is convenient to my home.
3. is conveniently on my way home from work.

I was mad at Louisville for wanting more money from Superior, then mad at Superior for wanting me to PAY FOR MY LIBRARY CARD. I've had a library card since before I even had an allowance. Growing up in my family meant getting a library card as soon as you learned how to write your name. I had that freaking card with my name scrawled on the back in blue ink until I moved to Colorado (and I may still have it). LIBRARY CARDS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FREE. Now, of course...

Since forking over the cash is no longer even an option for me, all I can think is that I'd pay the $30 they wanted, and would probably pay more than that. BUT THE CITY OF LOUISVILLE WON'T TAKE MY MONEY. Literally. Therefore, they get nothing. Not my money, not the town's money. BUT I AM* THE ONE WHO LOSES.

My anger is probably irrational, as I think I can join Broomfield or Boulder (and may even be able to use my card in Louisville, my righteous indignation has prevented me from researching thoroughly). But the fact is I already HAVE a library card. I EVEN HAVE A FINE!!

Ugh, this post is going nowhere and writing it is making me madder still. I am being a baby and I don't care. At least you can just close your browser window or navigate elsewhere. Poor Joe has to listen to me.

*Also any other Superior residents who use the library but whatevs.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home