4.29.2005

beautiful friends

disclaimer what follows may very well be the most shallow post in the history of blogdom. read only on a empty stomach and with the thought "hey, at least she stops the car for little old ladies in crosswalks." end disclaimer

at some point during my senior year of college, i decided all of my girlfriends were far too attractive. case in point: this photo of my two best friends, taneka and nora from high school (please note, this was taken this year, NOT in high school)

Taneka and Nora

once you stop drooling (or hating, depending on your gender) let me tell you how these are two of the girls who know me the best. they're the kind of friends who tell you when you have something in your teeth... or when your jeans just aren't fitting as well as they used to. they're the kind of friends who will hug you when you're down... and then tell you when it's time to pick yourself up and brush yourself off again.

anyway, i was talking about prettiness. the bottom line is that my quest for unattractive girlfriends has proved fruitless.

girls at second street

even some of my newest friends (note tiffany, the redhead) have proved to be far too attractive! tiff and i met through the celery stick from last summer. she was, by far, the best thing that came out of that "relationship." i knew that when she gave me a handmade scarf for my birthday and when she held my hair back one particularly intoxicated night.

i've known both emily (blonde on the right) and kate (blonde on the left)forever too... kate and i used to bond in the sixth grade in our elective. we lost each other for a while, but ended up working together the summer of 2002. emily and i were always the tall girls in high school. you can't tell from this photo, but em is 6'1" (that's tall for a girl). we played tennis and soccer together and one of my biggest triumphs came during my junior year soccer season- when i knocked this tennis/basketball/soccer playing swimmer down during one practice. good times!

so, no unattractive girls to make me look better... just fabulous girls to support me when i need to feel better.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    You may want less prettier freinds but they want a less sexier freind.

    "Sex appeal is fifty percent what you've got and fifty percent what people think you've got."
    - Sophia Loren.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger thisismarcus said…

    I'd date every single one of you - and I'd start with you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home