4.27.2005

people who suffer

do you think people who suffer great tragedy appreciate their happiness more? do they deserve happiness more than the rest of us? Frank and Michelle

this is my friend michelle and her fiance- well, husband now! michelle is someone who deserved happiness and found it. she has continuous health problems... her sister died unexpectedly a few years ago... and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

i may act otherwise, but i have had a virtually suffer-free life. i had food to eat, i had sisters to run around with, i had clothes on my back. and, let's face it, i have a dooney hearts bag. my life is pretty great.

does that mean i don't appreciate my happiness as much as michelle does?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    I would like to think that certain people deserve hapiness ... and some deserve less but I don't think it works that way. But you know how I feel about happiness.

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger thisismarcus said…

    In I've Been Waiting For You, Neil Young sings that he's looking for "a woman with the feeling of losing once or twice". I think you definitely appreciate happiness more when it doesn't just land at your feet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home