7.16.2005

not just plain old erika.

hollywood has a nickname for everyone-- kosmo, eagle eye, air force and even two scoop. not to mention breadhouse, ck, one time, big time, the juicer, the choice and many other random people.

it doesn’t take much. air force wore a shirt with the words “air force” on it. suddenly she had a nickname. breadhouse made the mistake of wearing his bakery hat. me, i just shouldn’t have told the story of one of my mother’s students thinking our last name sounded like spongebob. natural progression to squarepants.

my very first nickname was given to me by my sister. cristina must have been bored the random night she nicknamed all 3 of us.. anna became “nanna” and she became the oh-so-sophisticated “cris.” too cool for school! i naturally became kacky because what else can you do with a short first name like mine? when we got aol for the first time way back in the day, my screen name was kackie7103. kackie cause kacky wasn’t available. 7103 cause those are the numbers they gave me.

in high school i was just so fabulous and hardcore: i was the ka. our slum group would have ha’s (home alones) when anybody’s parents were out of town. chocolate, garcia vega and i were triple trouble. i now know better than to buy the kind of two-finger tequila which followed us from halloween/my birthday weekend ‘til senior SKIP weekend when the cops dumped it down the drain.

freshman year of college i was erika_the_peach cause i was a peach. please do not think there is anything remotely dirty about that, cause there wasn’t. drooly dave and the big dumb animal (bda) lived upstairs from me.

sophomore year i was buster, cause every other word out of my mouth was bust. as in: “she looks busted!” or “that is such a bust!” my favorite usage was just plain old “BUST!” instead of “darn!” the worm, baby mona and the troll lived in the writing house with me. i am a dork.

the summer between junior and senior years i worked at a local barbeque joint. one of the cooks, wyatt, loved to call me the viking bitch. i called him wy-wy just to annoy him. that’s where I got my phone number: 1-900-VIKING-BITCH.

i’ve already written about speaks without thinking.

senior year i was eres-- again, a product of my nickname un-friendly first name (thanks mom and dad). my roommates lynds, kare, sares and i had some drama that year. put too many girls with lots of strong ideas in a confined space and it’s bound to happen, i think. the worst was the night of the senior pub crawl when sares and i had a screaming fight on the streets of Gettysburg. i mean literally screaming. the residents told us to shut up.

i feel like i’ve forgotten some. that's probably best.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    You mean senior DITCH week, right?

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger erika said…

    nope. definately senior skip weekend.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Dave(id) said…

    The Gettysburg Address.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger erika said…

    ahem four score and seven years ago...

    actually, when i was at g-burg, i wrote to and received letters from my grandmother. she asked me to send her a copy of the gettysburg address, because she wanted to refresh her memory of it (she had memorized it in grade school or something like that). grandma was something like 92 at the time.

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger thisismarcus said…

    Would this be a good place to add more nicknames? On second thoughts, probably only if I want to get smacked next Tuesday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home