12.27.2005

it was merry, thanks.


But there were some setbacks in the merriment.

Namely: the guy getting hit by a car right outside Joe's apartment building, the fire at my sisters' condo, the car accident of P-har and HotCop.

I must say at this moment: everyone I know directly is safe. Whew. I haven't found any info about the stranger. Has anyone seen it on the local news?

Thank goodness for Paul. I think Cristina would've gone crazy without him. Almost as crazy as the evicted neighbor who torched (electrified?) his former residence, the condo across the hall from their place.

P-har and HotCop are both uninjured. She sounded like me, though, when she described her back pain and said "But I'm not sure if that's from the accident, or because I wore heels all day." 17 y-o girl turning left didn't yield on the solid green light.

This is not the first time I've been witness to things coming threefold.

Enough of that.

Some highlights:

  • TiVo!! Or as I like to say it "TEEEE-Vo!!"
  • I will be cooking up a storm with my new kitchen utensils, roasting pan and Cuisinart. And an oven thermometer so I never again burn the banana bread! HotCop and Joe are looking forward to being the guinea pigs.
  • Cardamom coffee-- tastes like if you "licked the Middle East!"
  • Best.Gravy.Ever. I refrained from picking up my plate and licking it, though.
  • I love singing Silent Night by candlelight at church on Christmas Eve. But we missed my sister.
  • Beatrice got three presents-- none of them from me, even though I told her I was getting her something.
  • Best friends, hands down. These are the girls who know me best. Joe passed the friend test (even though he lies to girls).
  • Blonde mannequin dressed up in someone's front yard. Wow. Classy.
  • The new "Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays!" text message phenomenon. I got five this year, I believe.

Photos to come.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Shocho said…

    What is that text message phenomenon? I got one and can't figure it out.

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Dave(id) said…

    Merry Christmas stranger!!!!

    "licked the Middle East!" too funny. Do you drip your coffee or press it?

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger erika said…

    I must give my sister proper credit for the Middle East licking comment.

    The cardamom coffee is dripped. I make it by saying "Mom/Dad, can you please make some cardamom coffee?"

    But, I know they use their regular blend (like, a French Roast or Breakfast Blend, something dark) and cardamom pods, which you have to special order. Or fly to India to get.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home