2.07.2006

freedom of expression

toles_washingtonpost

Also, here's a link to a whole collection of the controversial cartoons. [EDIT] I removed the link because of my paranoid sister.

I don't know where I stand on this quite honestly. Probably firmly in the middle.

Freedom of expression is a vital part of our (and European) society.

But ARE YOU SERIOUS? I mean, Muhammed with a bomb in his turban? Do you LIVE in the world? Do you READ THE NEWSPAPER FOR WHICH YOU WORK?? How could the cartoonists or editors not forsee the severe consequences?

I just don't know what I think.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Dave(id) said…

    Yeah, you have to wonder what they were thinking when they printed those. But you also can't blame them for doing it. Hard to take sides when their both idiots.

    This whole Islamic extremists vs. the "non-believers" is going to be around for awhile.
    Sounds like some sci-fi plot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home