3.06.2006

"what with the sexual subjugation of women..."


Yes, apparently It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp. (The quote in my title came from ENews, BTW). BUT WHAT ABOUT DOLLY???

I love Reese Witherspoon. Ever since I read in Vogue that she drinks regular Coca-cola-- not Diet Coke-- Reese and I have been inseparable. After all: The rules of hair care are simple and finite! Any Cosmo girl would've known!

Enough about Oscar®. More about Me™.

I was in a fashion show this weekend for my roommate's mom's business. Sometimes it's fun to get all dressed up, do your hair, put on makeup and actually feel pretty. Oh, but it was nice to put my sweatpants on that afternoon. But it's SO.MUCH.EFFORT. to do my hair right now. Look for about 1.5"- 2" to be gone after Saturday.

I rarely write about Sunday School other than too say I was too hung over to go but I think we had a good lesson this week. "Eye-for-an-eye" mentality of the Old Testament and "Turn the other cheek" of the New Testament. I was not particularly proud of my line "Just think about what JESUS would want you to do." I try not to use such cliché-sounding lines but BOY were Sarcastro and Home-Schooled being annoying. I needed something they couldn't argue with. Jesus was the answer.

Joe picked the movies this weekend: Go and Chasing Amy. At first, my roommate and I really wondered why it was Chasing AMY. Her NAME isn't Amy!!

HotCop made THE BEST roasted potatoes for dinner last night. From a recipe in one of my Cook's Country magazines. The chicken was pretty good too, but this is the best ice cream ever. I may never buy regular ice cream again. So.Good.

Eventful weekend.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger The Information Officer said…

    I want to see this Cooks Country magazine, it sounds like the Bömbe and how long have you been getting it?

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger erika said…

    It was one of my birthday cooking magazines (Cook's Country, Everyday Food and Bon Appetit). It's printed by the same people who print Cook's Illustrated. I've been getting it since November.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger TheGirard said…

    HAH...see, you were even in a beauty thing. White Tyra Banks I tell you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home