6.04.2006

matrimonial tour

Here is the cliched picture of rings to represent the weddings I attended.Gosh, Erika, you may be saying, you have been to two weddings in the past month or so, and I've yet to see a commentary! What's that about?

Well, folks, I ain't had no internets at the hizzy. Now I do. Yay. Also TiVo. Double yay.

First Wedding of '06

Anyway, Alden's wedding was at the end of April. Alden was one of my best friends in high school. He married Latrice in Southern Maryland. Here you see Alden and Latrice sharing their first dance as husband and wife.This is the only evidence I have that I was actually at Alden's wedding. Note the carefully styled bangs, aka shorty bangs aka Veronica Mars bangs (so named because I went to my stylist and said "Do you watch Veronica Mars?"). Also: Taneka and Mike Taneka and Alden. Truth be told, in high school I thought Taneka and Alden would get married. They were best friends and always seemed so right for each other. What did I know in high school? Not much, as it turns out.

The biggest things that stick out in my head were the soloist at the ceremony who was noted as a "Actress and Soloist in Sister Act II," the single whiskey sour I was able get from the bar, and the steamed broccoli. I heart broccoli.

Second Wedding of '06

*Note*
Had I been able to attend the Aw-zee's wedding, that could have been the First Second Wedding of '06. Or the First Second Marital Ceremony of '06. Also, Brad wouldn't have been Joe's date. And I would've had the lamb because you could encrust rosemary on cardboard and I'd say SIGN ME UP! But I digress.

Cousin Derek and Jen. Derek is my dad's sister's youngest son. You may recall my disdain of their registry. Let me rescind all previous criticism, as it turns out they registered for the $3000 bed at Pottery Barn because registrants get something like 1/3 off the purchase price of stuff they don't get off their registries. If you know me, you know I love a deal.

Anyway, their wedding was beautiful, on the beach behind a house in Capistrano Beach, CA. It was a great location-- and they had perfect weather. Example. Also here. And Cuz.

Things that stuck out: ooohh, the crabcakes were bad, the sand ceremony was nice, Philip (groom's brother who's deployed) was missed, Grandma (who's 92) was missed, the bride was bossy about photos, and it was a really fun wedding.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home