6.26.2007

tuesday wine drunk

I've had more alcohol in the past 6 days than in the last month. That doesn't really say a lot because until this weekend I had maybe 3 glasses of wine.

Now it's Tuesday night and I can't seem to stop drinking this lovely, bright flavored wine with a bit of effervescence. Indeed. Nothing like a good Vinoh Verde, I always say.

I spent this last weekend with my sister, alternately watching baseball, eating lovely food, drinking martinis/beer/wine/port, shopping in stores, creating a registry and trying on wedding dresses. I feel so obsessed with and yet detached from this whole wedding planning process-- I'd really like a location picked and venue booked before I move. But at the same time, the truth is when it comes to my personal life lately I've been super lazy. And I don't want to spend a lot of money. But I want there to be good food. And cocktails and dancing. Chicago or Virginia? 2, 5, or 7 bridesmaids? Because, really, I can come up with more than 7 girls I'd like to be in the wedding. Reasonable, slightly unreasonable, or absolutely ridiculous?

I want it to be a party. Not like all the other weddings people have attended. I hate the bouquet toss, so none of that. They -always- have to call the girls out to come up to "try" to catch it. Meh. No thanks. Even HotCop isn't doing it (I hope.). In the Yellow Dress wedding, they did ALL the rituals. The bouquet toss, the garter toss, the cake smashing. I bitched about it to her. Are we going to have that? she half asked me, half asked P-har. Do YOU like the bouquet toss? I asked.

Oh HELL no.

Well, then...

P-har seems to think guys like the garter toss, so who knows. To me it seems a little... low brow? Old fashioned? I don't know. Off. Not me. (I'm not sure this is my decision tho.)

Of course, we've been engaged all of 2 1/2 weeks. Minds may be changed about any of this at any point in this process.

However, I've already had dreams that some girls I haven't talked to since high school were in the wedding (we went to get our hair done) and that either Lil Kim or Foxy Brown offered sage marital advice. Also a dream where Snoop Dogg did my highlights so I had to have a blood test. I really should stop reading WashingtonPost.com articles about Suge Knight.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home