5.23.2005

scent + memory

i think it really is true: scent is the strongest sense tied to memory. or maybe i just have a freakish memory for smells.

reason #1 why i don't date boys named mike anymore wore polo sport. so did a kid i went on a long road trip with not long after i met mike#1.

the smell of cloves reminds me of lauren, a girl i was friends with freshman year of college. we smoked them for my birthday.

i smelled dolce & gabbana light blue in my vogue magazine one time last summer, and remembered to put it on my holiday wish list.

the celery stick wore lucky you. i smelled it at the restaurant where i used to work one night and looked around for him.

estee lauder pleasures reminds me of my mother. dial soap reminds me of my dad. old spice reminds me of my grandpa s.

jen wore ralph lauren romance when we were studying abroad.

pantene pro-v shampoo reminds me of summer camp.

dr. pepper reminds me of beach vacations.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger TheGirard said…

    Dude...Mikes are teh bestest. Ask any Mike you know, they'll tell you so.

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mmmm...cloves!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home