7.03.2005

spoiled dog.

there are several advantages to living near my parents. my mother still likes to take me grocery shopping, i have dinner at my parents' house often and leave with bags of leftovers, i can borrow their car when i need to, and my mom can (she doesn't, but she can) come take care of me when i'm sick.

but there are also certain responsibilities. the biggest pain in the ass: dogsitting. not because i don't like the dog. to be clear: berit is my dog. my dog as much as she is my dad's dog (if not more). i'm the one who gives her the scraps from the table, brushes her fur for hours and sneaks her extra doggy treats.

but this dog GETS UP AT 6 AM. so, that means... i have to be at my parents' house at 6:00 every morning of this lovely holiday weekend to walk the dog. eesh. ouch. especially since i'm such lazy, jobless bum now!! oy.

but she's cute and worth it. so excited to see me. so excited for her little walk around the neighborhood. before you ask, she's a norwegian elkhound. cutie, huh? not a whole lot of elk in virginia, but there are plenty of squirrels to chase. damn tree rats.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger TheGirard said…

    I believe the wahhmbulance just rolled up out front. Catch a ride with them in the morning

     
  • At 4:06 AM, Blogger The Information Officer said…

    Wow, I used to have a nowegian elkhound when I was a kid. Well my dad actually had the dog but it somehow became my responsibility to walk it, and we all got to chime in on the naming of the dog.

    Freya

    But nowadays I only have to get up at 6 am to go fishing. ;)

    oop, time to get out on the water.

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger sdk said…

    Jesus. I first looked at that picture and thought it was a human arm!

    After studying the picture for a few more seconds, I thought I'd just say, gorgeous puppers!

    sdk

     

Post a Comment

<< Home