9.16.2005

season 2 [or 3] continues.


Despite some particularly chatty audience members... and Marcus' imminent departure weighing on my mind... I was able to enjoy last night's episode.

1. Are you freakin' serious? I thought they explored lesbianism AND infidelity last season. Well, I guess they didn't explore them together. And Kirsten didn't make out with anyone last year.

2. I wish Ryan had hit the stupid school safety guy more than once. Then it would be worth it for him to get expelled.

3. I love how Julie Cooper-Nichol and Jimmy are each using the other for money. Which, I'm calling it now, NEITHER ONE of them are going to end up having.

4. One of the best interactions of the episode:

Julie: Looks like Marissa showed the new dean a side of her personality she usually reserves for me.
Jimmy: That bad, huh?

Not all that funny on it's own... but if you know the history...

5. Marissa has no remorse, or PTSD, or anything. I wonder if they will take this opportunity to make her violent.

Some lingering questions: Despite the beliefs of those around me, I'm not 100% convinced Charlotte only wants Kirsten for her body. I think there's more of a history there. Where will Marissa and Ryan end up for school? Wouldn't it be great for them to go to -gasp- PUBLIC SCHOOL?? In Chino!

Sethesque Quip of the Week: "She's like the Karl Rove of our school!" (Summer)

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger thisismarcus said…

    First episode I saw since the pilot and it WAS an entertaining hour, though not necessarily for all the same reasons you like it. Not sure you usually have so much discussion about Jeri Ryan's flotation devices! I did like the guy Jimmy owes money to -- very Godfather, his threats thinly veiled by smiles and nice restaurants. Somehow that's scarier than out-and-out anger.

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger thisismarcus said…

    P.S. This is Season 3.

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger erika said…

    ha! you are so right. I don't even know my own name this morning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home