9.13.2005

temp job.

(not with breadhouse... )

random conversation with IT Manager:

Dude: What did you go to school for?
Me: Art History.
Dude: Ohhh, liberal arts. Kind of girlie. When I was in school it was like "Oh, liberal arts? Do I look like a girlie?"

Then, later in the same conversation...

Dude: Yeah, my sister used to model wedding dresses. She was pretty cute, for a girl.

Weddings are for women. When was the last time you heard a bunch of men standing around talking about wedding dresses and planning a wedding?

Men don't talk about our feelings and we don't cry.

Me: Oh, is that how that works?

Dude (backpedaling): Oh, uh, I don't know if that's so much how that works as what society teaches us.

Me (internally): Yeah, ok, jackass. I don't want to talk to you anymore. Stop ear fucking me and go get some goddamn lunch. I've got phones to answer. And, btw, have you EVER had a conversation with a female co-worker?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger thisismarcus said…

    Ear fucking... LOL!

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Once, I had to leave my car overnight to get fixed. In the morning, the guy from the station called and asked for Mr. M. When I told him he was speaking with Ms. M, he replied, irritatedly, "I know that, is Mr. M in?" When I told him there was no Mr. M, he tried to laugh. But there was no backpedaling that one. What's wrong with these pricks?

    I'm so going to say "ear-fucking" all the time now. See--blogs are good for picking up good slang. If only your sunday schoolers knew you used the phrase ear-fucking...

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Valerie said…

    I love learning new words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home