10.30.2005

what time is it?


Sooo... last night it was time to "fall back." I've forgotten to change my clocks in the past and shown up both an hour late and an hour early to various things.

It was very important I remember to reset my clocks last night, though, as I had to get up for Sunday School this morning.

Oh, I remembered. Rest assured, this is not one of those "I showed up and nobody was there!!" stories. I reset my clocks.

However, I did have a bit of a time situation this morning. A situation due, no doubt, to my wireless provider. Oh yes, my friends, my telefonino did not automatically change times. Of course since my phone is supposed to receive its time from the Official Location of the Time, located way out there in TimeLand, I was sure I had mistakenly changed my clocks. I was SURE I was going to be an hour late for Sunday School, especially since it looked too bright out.

I had no idea what to do. It was either 6:45 OR 7:45 in the morning (I wasn't sure) and I was pre-coffee. I couldn't possibly think to turn on the Weather Channel. So I called my mother (who has the same wireless provider). Her clocks said 6:45, but phone also said 7:45. WE must have been wrong, the Official Location of Time surely couldn't be. It was only after our brief conversation and many unsuccessful calls to Time and Weather (we had the number wrong) that it occurred to me to turn on the TV. Oh, right... it was only 6:45. Ahem. At this point I was far too awake to go back to sleep.

My phone still said 7:45, and it was wrong for a couple more hours. So were my parents' phones and my roommate's phone and my roommate's parents' phones. When I saw my mother at church this morning, she said "Erika! It's supposed to be brighter! It's just darker at night."

Oh. Right. Stupid wireless provider. BUT I STILL GET THE FREE MINUTES. And no, I'm not switching.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Trundling Grunt said…

    Round here it was the same time as it was yesterday. Next year things will be different as the locals have finally realised that the cows won't stop giving milk if they change the clocks.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger TheGirard said…

    www.time.gov

     

Post a Comment

<< Home