11.03.2005

yes, it was my birthday yesterday.

Thanks to all for the kind wishes.

I turned 24. My work colleagues make fun of me.

People usually think I'm older; when I was growing up it was because I was tall. Now I don't know why.

The exception to this rule is Joe who, when he first met me, wondered if it was legal to ask me out to drinks with the gang. I think it was wishful thinking.

My birthday usually makes me crave change. It also sometimes causes me anxiety. No, not because I'm getting older (sometimes I think I'm older than I actually am, and I often have to think hard when asked my age).

So, to combat this, I took a long walk yesterday to enjoy the beautiful weather (high of 60 and sunny), had lunch at one of my favorite restaurants here in town, didn't go to work, and had dinner with the 'rents, Joe and HotCop. And there were presents, too!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home