7.18.2005

to rent or not to rent.

it's great to be a renter because i don't have to pay for the brand new 2 ton air conditioning unit they are installing in my house tomorrow. meanwhile, though, most the house is a little cooler than boiling. i just saw on the news there is a heat advisory today.

my bedroom is like a refrigerator right now cause we have the temporary window unit cranked down to 65. too bad that's not where my computer (read: job searching tool) is.

i didn't have to pay for the new blower fan they put in when the heat broke this winter, either. it was cold that night so beatrice and i carried our asses over to my parents' house to spend the night. or rather, i carried both of them cause she doesn't really like to leave the house. my bedroom was like a fridge then, too.

thank goodness for hi-tech fans, cool compresses and krispy kremes.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger TheGirard said…

    ICEBOX MODE!!!!!

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger The Information Officer said…

    yeah, Kelly and I really like renting too now.

    But we've an ac unit in every window of the apt.

    Except the one with the computer ?!?

    why is that? I'll have to put one in there cause that is a place we spend a significant portion of time

     

Post a Comment

<< Home