9.30.2005

my brain is thinking in lists.

  • My house is chock full of stuff for my Yard Sale this weekend. Yall really came through for me!
  • I start my job on Monday. No, I'm not going to talk about it.
  • All the yard sale leftovers will be donated to the Disabled American Veterans.
  • I'm nervous no one will show up.
  • I can't wait to cook out tonight.
  • Beatrice and Mean Ol' Sandy are loving crawling all over the new boxes, chairs and tables filling up my kitchen, living room, bedroom, hallway and screened porch.
  • I have no idea how much stuff should cost.
  • Having flowers delivered is much better than taking them yourself.
  • Coldplay is awesome live. The Virginia Beach Amphitheater is not the best venue though.
  • Next time I go to a job interview I'm going to answer the questions the same way Chief Justice John Roberts did... maybe then I'll get THE BEST JOB IN MY FIELD.
    -Well, Erika, why don't you describe your past experience...
    -Actually I don't think my past experience and decisions are relevant to my ability to do this job. Thanks.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger DavĂ­d said…

    Actually, I think the main problem with Roberts is that the material in his past that would be most pertinent for determining what sort of judge he would be was not available because the Bush administration would not release it and Roberts would not discuss that which was not released.

    Given Roberts had so little history as a judge and his opinions on legal policy and decisions were not available, we're certainly going into his chief justice-ship blind.

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Aussie-Askew said…

    Also try the Rumsfeld approach to probing questions from Iraq Senate Panels, as documented by The Daily Show:
    "I am going to answer this question in two parts..." {part 1 waffles on for a few minutes referring to economic, social and safety issues, without actually saying anything} ".. and this shows that there is no answer to your question."
    Brilliant.

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Aussie-Askew said…

    You think Roberts has little "judge" experience? What about the woman nominated for the second position...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home