12.28.2005

1993

I'm takin' it back to the old school, cause I'm a old fool who's so cool.

Yes, 1993, it was a good year. As I learned on Bob this morning, 1993 is the year that brought us both Whoop There It Is and Let's Talk about Sex (Yo Pep! I don't think they gonna play this on the radio.) Yes, I was listening to something other than NPR. This is mostly due to the fact I was running a tish late for work and WHRV has the BBC World News beginning at 9 every weekday morning. I don't care for BBC World News, thanks. It pales in comparison to Morning Edition.

I was in middle school (not junior high) in 1993, at the height of my awkward phase (which lasted oh, til I graduated from high school. Gah!). Does anyone else remember the "Whoop There It Is" t-shirts? IIRC, most of them were white with blue letters. Maybe that was just the ones the 7th graders had. Ah, Tag Team. Anyhow.

So, Salt-n-Pepa. HotCop and I both still know all the words to Shoop. Surely you do, too. You know-- yum, yum chocolate chip honey dip can I getta scoop? Baby take a ride in my coupe, even?? I wasn't QUITE as familiar with the lyrics to Let's Talk About Sex but I do remember feeling very embarrassed when they played it on the radio, and I was in the car with one or both of my parents.

Was middle school awful only for me? I had an awful time-- already a head taller than everyone else and wearing Keds everywhere. They were the only shoes I wore. Little did I know I was very fashion-forward-- well, who am I kidding really I was just a dork.

A dork who knew all the words to Shoop.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger TheGirard said…

    And I will do anything for love....but I won't do that...WHOA NO, no I won't do that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home