6.19.2006

what would you watch in your underwear?


No, I'm not talking about at home on the couch.

Some Dutch fans at the World Cup were forced to take off their pants before entering their country's match against the Ivory Coast this weekend. The authorities thought almost a thousand Dutch fans wearing the bright orange lederhosen made by the brewery Grossbrauerei (I think they called it Bavaria on NPR) was too much like a beer advertisement. Anheuser-Busch, of course, has pouring rights at the World Cup. So the FIFA authorities confiscated their pants. But the Dutch fans entered anyway.

In the US, they wouldn't have been allowed to enter, I don't think. Or the authorities would have made them put on paper pants.

Makes me wonder... what event would you not hesistate to enter in your underoos? Despite the potential for being on INTERnational television? And seeing hotties of the opposite sex? AND YOUR FAVORITE PLAYER, no less. For Joe, of course, it's a Titans game. I can't think of an event. I also can't complete the sentence "I'm a huge fan of ______."

So... of what are you an underwear-only fan? Is it a sports team? Baseball over football? Indy car racing over hockey? A singer? A band? A political rally?

(This also serves as my post about the World Cup, btw)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Tom said…

    A Brewers World Series game.

    Debatably University of Wisconsin in the NCAA hockey final. Debatably. I think this would have been a no brainer if I hadn't just been to one fully clothed.

    Pretty sure that is it...

    FIFA...really hard to trust international sporting bodies...for love of the game? Or just hauling in a few bucks to maintain cushy offices and meetings in Monaco? (rhetorical question...definitely number 2).

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger Shocho said…

    I would say pretty much anything I paid $100 or more for tickets I would see in my underwear. That's a rough estimation. For example, the 2004 US Grand Prix. Cards World Series game, for sure. Super Bowl. Lingerie Bowl.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home