7.23.2006

i can feel it, we're going to have to move out.


HotCop and I are going to have to move out of the new place, I can just feel it.

When I came home early one Sunday morning a few weeks ago I found several wet places on the carpet downstairs plus there was one in HotCop's ceiling. I -knew- we were going to have to move out. I just knew it.

But we didn't have to move out then-- turns out the loudass-neighbors-to-the-right's kitchen sink drain was rotted out. No big deal, they were about to be deployed anyway and it would be replaced while they were gone.

Even after the new drain PLUS a new dishwasher next door, the wet spot at the bottom of the stairs wouldn't go away. Still hasn't gone away. Just getting wetter. And the townhomes aren't on a crawl space-- they're on a concrete slab. The water is just bubbling up from someplace (and also leaking into the HC's ceiling when it rains). HotCop's dad says it's probably a water main and replacing it is a "messy, dusty job." If he were us, he said, he'd "call every other day and hound them til it was fixed." I know that's what I should do, I whined, but "that's why we moved out of First Street." So we didn't have to do shit like that anymore. Gah.

If we have to move out [which seems more and more likely each time I walk up or down the stairs and feel *squish* on my bare toes] I'm so getting our fucking non-refundable pet deposit back. Pluse 100% security deposit. Seriously. I should just move to the Southside.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home