8.27.2005

week of babysitting.

My roommate and I took 4 days this week to do a good deed. Well, technically we got paid for it, but it was a good deed.

We took care of the baby of a couple at our church. Considering I couldn't spend more than an hour at this house without a compulsive need to clean, we brought her over to our house. The cats were not happy about it.

Some of the gross things:

1. The baby spit-up on my shirt, shorts, leg, arm and shoulder.
2. The baby drool in all the same locations.
3. The poopy diapers.
4. The wet diapers.
5. The fussing every time we put her down.
6. The smell of the formula.

But then she would giggle, and it would all be ok. How could we say no to this face??

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Valerie said…

    soooooo cute! :)

    ps nice security. I need to do that.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Tom said…

    Get them to throw in the game of Sequence sitting on the floor, they'll never miss it.

    That cord from the crock pot haning down to where the baby could grab it and pull it down on top of her scares the hell out of me.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger The Information Officer said…

    Well it was a great deed!

    I certainly think it qualifies you two as "Good people of the Week" I hope they appreciated it.

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Trundling Grunt said…

    If it was a boy you'd get to see the fountain effect. Consider yourself lucky.

    Cute baby and a good deed to boot. AND a test to see if I can read the wibbly letters....what more can I ask for.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home